Are you wondering how to add a Phone Number as recovery, in case you forget your password in the event of login into your Gmail account? Don’t worry Google has the solution for you, to add a mobile number to receive a shortcode on your phone to use to reset your Gmail account. This tutorial guide lay down steps to add a recovery phone number to your Gmail Account, to learn to make sure to read.
Note: Setting up Phone as Recovery inform you that if someone tries to use your account without your permission, this allows you to quickly secure your settings to prevent cybercriminals from hacking your account.
Importance of Add Recovery phone to Gmail
Adding a phone number as a recovery number helps you reset your Gmail account password if:
• You forget your login credential
• Your account is locked out for the wrong login password and You will get a prompt if Someone trying to access your mail without your concern
How do I add a recovery phone number to Gmail?
1. Launch a web browser
2. In the Address Bar input https://myaccount.google.com
3. Login With “Username and Password “
4. On the right top corner click on “Google Account”
5. Click on “Manage Your Google Account”
6. On the lift navigation panel, click “Security Tab”
7. Scroll Down and click on “Recovery Phone”
8. Enter “username and password”
9. Update “Phone Number”
10. Enter Phone, and click “next” to Verify
11. Go to Phone massages a verification will be sent to the Phone
12. “Copy” and “paste” it in the Update Num Window popup to Verify the Phone number
Read More on:How to Export Contact from Gmail to Android
How do I remove the old recovery number from Gmail?
1. Login With “Username and Password “
2. On the right top corner click on “Google Account”
3. Click on Manage Your Google Account
4. On the lift navigation panel, click “Security”
5. Scroll Down and click on “Recovery Phone”
6. Enter “username and password “
7. Click edit to Clear the Old One in the Feld and input New Email
8. Enter the Number, click next to Verify
9. Go to Phone massages a verification will be sent to the Phone
10. Copy and paste it into the Verification pop Window to Verify the Phone Number
Read More on: How to Add Recovery Email to My Gmail Account