In the event of Login into your Yahoo Account and realizing the password used to log in, you have forgotten and wondering how to add a Phone Number as recovery to prevent that, don’t worry Yahoo has the solution for you, with Yahoo Account you can add a mobile number to receive a short code on your phone to use to reset your Yahoo account. This guide shows you step by step process of adding a recovery phone number to your Yahoo Account, make sure to read.
Setting up Phone Number as Recovery will help to save guard your account, and prevent cybercriminals from hacking your account.
Importance of Add Recovery phone to Yahoo Mail
Adding a phone number as a recovery number helps you reset your Yahoo account password if:
• You forget your login password
• You will get prompt if Someone trying to access your mail without your concern
• Your account locked out for wrong login password
How do I add a recovery phone number to Yahoo?
1. Launch an internet browser
2. In the Address Bar input https://login.yahoo.com/
3. Sign in with “Username and Password “
4. On the right top corner click on “Account Profile”
5. Under Click on “Account info”
6. On the lift navigation panel, click “Account Security Tab”
7. Scroll Down and click on “Recovery Phone Number ” Tab
8. Click on Add Phone number
9. Enter “username and password”
10. Update “Phone Number”
11. Enter Phone, click “Add mobile number ” to Verify
12. Go to Phone massages a verification will be Sent to Phone
13. “Copy” and “paste” it in the Verification Code Window popup to Verify the Phone number
How do I remove old recovery number from Yahoo?
1. Login With “Username and Password “
2. On the right top corner click on “Account Profile”
3. Click on Account Info
4. On the lift navigation panel, click “Security”
5. Scroll to Down and click on “Recovery Phone Number”
6. Click on Edit and Edit the Numbers
7. Enter New Number, click the pencil icon and edit with the new number next to Verify
Read More on: How to use phone Number to recover Gmail Account